Everybody gets the blahs. Itís totally normal to sometimes feel a little less than great. But you donít have to stay in a funk if you donít want to. In fact, when things are bad, the only way is up! Here are five ways to shake off the blahs and start to feel fine again.
1. Have an attitude of gratitude: even if everything has gone wrong today, there must be some things that are alright. Make a list of the things youíre grateful for Ė Iíll start you off: you have a computer and access to the internet, you live in a relatively peaceful society, you have access to clean drinking water, you can read, you have clothing and shelter.
2. Get up and boogie: play your favourite music nice and loud, dance and sing along. Exercising is good for you, gives you a lovely dump of feel good chemicals in your system and dancing and singing like no one is watching is good fun.
3. Treat yourself: find a way to treat yourself to something special. You donít need a big budget for this. A treat can be anything from indulging your inner child on the swings in the playground, to buying yourself a frock, giving yourself a facial or curling up with a good book.
4. Find the bright side: if something goes wrong it might be hard to take anything positive out of it, but sometimes apparent setbacks are opportunities in disguise. Boyfriend dumped you? Great! You can have a night out with the girls without feeling guilty. Lose your job? Awesome! Nowís your chance to find something better. Washing machine busted? Cool! You can finally flirt with hotties at the laundrette like people do in the movies.
5. Get some space: remove yourself from the person or problem thatís bugging you. You can take a walk, go on holidays, or just have some Ďme timeí. Getting space serves to distract you from issues that seem huge and allow you to get perspective.